Sunday 5 February 2012

Finished the main quest in Skyrim.

So I finally got around to doing the main story line quest in Skyrim tonight. In true Bethesda fashion the graphics bugged out making part of it a confusing lucid dream. And then some people clapped. I must say I was a little underwhelmed. I feel like these guys keep skating by on their huge world, and I was really hoping that they had stepped it up a notch this time.


In many ways Skyrim is a great example of everything Bethesda sucks at. From interfaces to animation, or any kind of AI and path finding. Yet it's done well enough that I'm sure they will only have to spit and polish maybe one of those things before the next one.


I know this isn't the point. I get that. I know I'm just meant to be exploring for hours on end, and I do. I have for the past three games. But I also feel I have the right to ask them to put an actual combat system in at some point. That would be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment