Friday 17 February 2012

This one had a lot more words...


So today's comic went through a couple stages.

It began with the middle section having the birds rocking back and forth on the wire towards the window until eventually the cat dived out after them and missed. But it was just taking up too much space and not coming across with the right motion.

Once I'd settled on what the middle frame is in the final comic I dropped like 90% of the words. I hate super wordy comics, and I often forget that when I'm making my own. Here the first frame was just feeling crammed with a quip about everyone on the internet having good looking girlfriends and cute pets and only one being legal to buy in this part of the world. In retrospect I think I may have read that line somewhere so it's pretty lucky I dropped it.

The little one sleeping on his head was an after thought that now makes me beyond happy.

They still don't have names. I tend to think of them as green/blue or big/small. Sometimes bean/pea.

No comments:

Post a Comment